Many tourists like to visit Italy. Popular attractions and places to see include:
- the Leaning Tower of Pisa which is over 800 years old and which has 294 steps to climb to reach the top;
- Milan which is famous for the many fashion designers who work there and the many shops which sell their clothes;
- the open-air theatre in Verona which is famous for the opera shows that are performed in it;
- the Amalfi coastline with its rugged cliffs and beautiful beaches;
- the ruins of Pompeii - a Roman town which was destoyed by a volcanic eruption in 79AD.
- the pretty towns and harbours around Lake Garda;
- the art and architecture in the old town of Florence.